I was tagged by Nicole of The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie to do the “11 Things” post. This is my first tag, so I am so excited! First, you list 11 random things about yourself, then you answer questions picked out by the person who tagged you.
11 Random Things About Me:
1. I haven’t had a drink of alcohol in 21 months.
2. If it didn’t make me fat, I would eat mac’n'cheese or chicken and dumplings for every meal!
3. I’m totally addicted to caffeine. You’ll rarely see me without a No-Carb (the blue one) Rockstar or a cup of black coffee in hand (especially in the morning!)
4. I am SO not a morning person! I wish I could make myself be…I will reset my alarm to get 10 more minutes of sleep, no joke. I have issues! Does anyone know how to work on becoming a morning person??
5. My biggest pet peeve is people chewing with their mouths open. I will leave the room if I can.
6. I am totally OCD at work, but not at home.
7. I played violin from 5th to 12th grade, and was concertmistress of my high school and county orchestra my senior year.
8. I was a collegiate dancer at Purdue University, and went to NDA Nationals twice!
9. I have been known to get up at 2am to shave my legs because once my legs get too prickly, I can’t sleep! Once I shave, I fall back asleep like a baby.
10. I have been with Walgreens for 13.5 years–I started working for the company at 16 as a pharmacy cashier.
11. I once accidentally ate a dog treat….it looked just like an Oreo, ok?? I told my sister she buys really crappy cheap cookies, lol!
1. What is your favorite vacation of all time?
Germany/Italy/Spain in March of 2010-my husband and I visited my in-law’s, got married in Rome, and honeymooned in Spain. It was SO amazing!!
2. What is your favorite way to spend a Sunday?
Sleep until at least 10am, have coffee and a nice healthy breakfast, watch the Colts play football, get a run or hike in, and have relaxing “me” time.
3. What is the coolest thing you did in the month of January?
Went to dinner with my friend Violet at a new restaurant in Chandler, hung out at a Hooka bar and had lattes, then had a “Just Dance 3″ dance party at our house until 2 in the morning
4. What is the first blog you ever read?
Makeup-It’s Judy Time; Running-TwentySixandThenSome
5. If you could pick a song to be your theme song (that played wherever you go) what would it be?
Sexy Girl by LMFAO (Party Rock Anthem almost tied with this one)
6. Crushed ice or cubed?
Crushed. Hands down.
7. Which Disney Princess do you identify with the most (if any)?
I don’t really identify with any of the princesses, but when I was little, I always wanted to be “Gadget” from Chip and Dale’s Rescue Rangers. She was a badass
8. Do you prefer to plan things or be spontaneous?
Spontaneous. I actually hate planning things sometimes, because I change moods quickly, and sometimes really want to do something when I plan it, but then don’t feel like doing it at the time….I’d rather just decide at the last minute when I know I feel like doing something.
9. What is your favorite flower?
Purple roses and calla lillies
10. Do you ever listen to songs on repeat? If so, which was your most recent repeat song?
No. I get tired of hearing the same songs over and over again, like on all of the local radio stations. The one song I can say hasn’t really gotten old to me is Party Rock Anthem. I have no idea why, but I still like listening to it!
Questions for the Next Ladies:
1. What is your favorite healthy recipe that you like to make?
2. Coffee: black, cream and sugar, just cream, or just sugar?
3. What is your favorite time of the day to run or exercise?
4. What is your favorite thing about the city or state you live in?
5. What is the funniest, craziest story from your college days that you can remember?
6. Do you have a dog? If so, name, breed, etc.
7. What are your top 3 favorite pieces of workout or running clothing?
8. What is your holy grail running shoe? Why?
9. What kind of ailments have you battled that are related to running or working out? How do you deal with those ailment(s)?
10. Name 5 workout songs that are an absolute must-have for a playlist?
11. What kind of mind games do you play with yourself to get yourself through a wall or a tough time in a run?
I can’t wait to hear responses!! Here are the next group of ladies I am tagging:
1. Diana from I Will Get There…..1 Mile at a Time
2. Krystle from Fierce.Fabulous.Fit
3. Kelli from Howdy From New York City
4. Shannon from Philadelphia Phitness Pharmacy
5. Meghann from Meals and Miles