Yesterday morning, I woke up and saw that I had a comment from Elizabeth from Rose Gold Buttercream saying she nominated me for a Liebster Award!!
I've seen this award somewhere, but couldn't remember what it meant. It is actually to give recognition to new and upcoming blogs with less than 200 followers by highlighting them and spreading the love! Thanks so much, Elizabeth, for nominating me!
Once nominated, I tell you guys 11 random facts about myself, answer Elizabeth's 11 questions, nominate 11 more bloggers, and create 11 questions for them. I have done 11 random things about myself before, so some of you will have seen a few of these. I'll try not to do all of the same ones! So here we go:
11 Random Things About Pugmamastace
- I like pugs. Real ones, stuffed ones, you name it. I own more pug things than a Pug Rescue Charity Auction should even have. (That doesn't mean you shouldn't get me pug stuff guys! Mom….)
Oh, so I'm supposed to tell you things that aren't so obvious?? Ok, let's start over! 🙂
- Pugmamastace.com started out as a beauty and makeup blog because I was obsessed with all things beauty, and watching You Tube makeup tutorials. It gradually transitioned over to fitness and healthy living as my life changed.
- I am still obsessed with makeup, though:
I have a really pretty MAC shadow that'll go great with this as a base! It doesn't move once it sets, either. Great stuff! The color is Endless Emerald.
3. I love to get dirty-whether it's hiking, trail running, running a mud run, you name it! Despite that, I am a total girly girl! In addition to makeup, I love dresses! I even participate in Wear a Dress Wednesday for no other reason but to wear a dress.
Yes, I keep buying them….and buying them….and buying them……
I also have more workout clothes than any three women should need:
So girly girl I am! I'm that girl that likes to wear really cute workout clothes, and doesn't mind getting dirty :-). How do you like that boys??
4. I watch You Tube videos from beauty gurus while I shave my legs.
5. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night, and have to shave my legs to go back to sleep. No joke – 2am and I'm running a bath and setting up my iPad. Once I go back to bed, I pass out like a college student after finals week.
6. I am obsessed with fall and everything that comes with it! Currently, I am loving this candle:
7. I am a recovering alcoholic-been sober for over three years. That's why my life changed and my blog transitioned the way it did. Quit 5/5/10 and never looked back!
8. I am one if the most talkative people you'll probably ever meet. How do you know something is bothering me? I get quiet…..
9. I played violin from 5th grade on through high school and early college. I have a passion for music.
10. I am divorced. I never thought I would say that about myself, but there it is. I've learned that it is better to be alone and secure with myself than to be unhappy in an unhealthy relationship (married or not.) I have learned a lot about myself in the (almost) year since I decided to make that huge, life-changing decision. I can say that I am living a happy, fulfilling and healthy life now, and have no regrets. I believe everything happens for a reason, and that God has a plan for me. That plan is way better than anything I could do for myself. I made this meme the other day from a quote that my amazing friend Kat said to me:
Here are Elizabeth's 11 questions:
1. What's your soulmate workout?
A long run with my best friends and we negative split the shit out of it, then go get coffee and breakfast afterwards.
2. Do you follow a labeled lifestyle – paleo, vegan, etc? Why or why not?
I follow an almost gluten free diet. I had some issues going on back in May (GI, skin, fatigue) so I read up on some stuff, and decided to try cutting out gluten. I did notice a difference, so I have stuck with it. I allow myself to cheat on occasion, but I would say that probably 98% of what I eat is gluten free.
3. Are you a group-ex person, or do you prefer solo workouts?
I like both. Some days I like to run on my own so I can do my own thing at my own pace (at my own time of day!) I love group runs, though! I also like group exercise classes like Zumba and yoga.
4. Does your significant other love fitness like you do? Or, if you're single, how important to you is it that your future mate be into working out?
I am single, and it is crucial that anyone I date be as interested in fitness as I am. My ideal guy likes to run, bike, hike, and do a variety of things outdoors that we can each do alone or together!
5. Ice cream or fro-yo?
Seriously?? (Ok, ok some of you don't know me lol!!) FroYo!!!! #mynameisstaceyandimafroyoholic
6. What movie could you watch over and over?
I'm not a huge repeat movie watcher….the first one I thought of was Old School. I could put Sex and the City (the series, not the movies) on all day every day.
7. Morning person or night-owl?
Night owl. Hands down.
8. If your friends used one word to describe you, what would it be?
I was going to say energetic….that's a hard one, so I asked my friends 🙂 Some of the answers I got where:
Fun, positive, spirited, adventurous, dynamic, spontaneous, outgoing, inspirational, spirited, determined, strong, focused, caring, “friggin awesome”-thank you so much Karen!! My friends rock! I'd say the most important one to me is inspirational. When I can inspire someone to make healthy choices or to do something that they wouldn't normally do, that makes me feel amazing! It makes me want to keep doing what I am doing and continue down the road to self improvement. It's funny, because I asked at least 10 friends this question, and not one said the same word. Defeats the purpose of the question, huh? Lol!
9. Have you ever done or would you ever do a mud run?
Yes and I'd do it again!
10. What did you study in school? Are you doing something with it now?
I got my Doctor of Pharmacy from Purdue University, and am now a pharmacy manager at Walgreens.
11. What do you want to be when you grow up? (that might sound silly, but as we get older, we still have new dreams! What yours?)
A Boston Marathon finisher 🙂
Now it's time to nominate 11 more amazing bloggers!
- Ari from Ari's Menu
- Nicole from Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie
- Megan from Pretty Active
- Jaime from The Unlikely Competitor
- Susan from Believe Train Become
- Karla from Healthful Bites
- Melissa from Trying to Heal
- Stephanie from Dirt and Lace
- Jenna from Expedition Fashion
- Tara from Run On the Sun
- Ariana Hilborn from Ariana Hilborn
I know some of you have more than 200 followers, but that's ok. This will be a fun way to get the word out about your blog, and allow your readers to get to know you even better! Here are my 11 questions for you:
- Who in your life has most inspired you to be who you are today?
- What do you do for a living outside of your blog?
- Who was the first blogger you remember ever reading?
- When and why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite way to exercise besides running?
- What is your bucket list vacation spot? You'd go there if cost wasn't an issue.
- Do you speak any other languages besides English?
- Where were you born and raised?
- What's the craziest college story you can think of (that you're willing to put in writing)?
- What's your favorite season and why?
- If you could only wear one makeup product, what would it be?
As you guys have probably already noticed, I had my blog made over!! The amazing Stephanie from Dirt and Lace did such a great job on it, don't you think?? I am super excited about the new look! I am almost done with all of the links on the menu bar across the top. Check them out! There's lots of new stuff up there.
Y'all have a great weekend!! I'll be back soon with another recipe :-).