Post-Op Weeks 9 and 10 PT Update

I am progressing slowly still, but I had a major milestone this past week! I got on the elliptical for the first time in over a year!

This was my ear to ear grin afterwards sipping on my Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator. It really felt good to finally work up a *real* sweat! Since I did well on the elliptical, I texted Coach Susan to see if I could borrow her extra Elliptigo, and she said sure! So I went to pick it up, very carefully loaded it onto my bike rack, and slowly drove it home.

My bike rack is not designed to hold an Elliptigo! I got it on there nice and snug and secure, but it was a huge undertaking-not to mention it was like 110 degrees, and I did it all by myself :-P. I think I'll be hauling it in the car with the top down next time.

I finally got to wear this shirt from Lolë! It's designed for cycling, and has two big pockets in the back. I was saving it for my first ride back from surgery. I thought it would be a bike ride, but nothing so far has turned out the way I thought it would, so I'm just rollin' with it.
5:53 pace. NBD. (Hahahaha!)

I've had a few good rides this week, and one I cut short. The front hip flexor area of my right leg is complaining now. I'm not sure what the cause is, but I cut my last ride short and took a rest day the day after. I still have pain in my left leg around the ischial tuberosity (sit bone,) but not from standing. It hurts when I move it certain ways and do squats. If it's not improving by the time I go back to work, Dr. Guanche and I are going to discuss the next steps.

I am so blessed and fortunate to be going back to work in a few weeks! I truly feel valued by my company, and it's a wonderful feeling. I'll be honest, though, I am a little nervous. I've never been out of work this long! So wish me luck and pray that I don't have a meltdown my first day back ;-).

I decided since I am starting to do more PT exercises and strength training at home that it would be a great idea to start on my workout room project!

I got the hardest, and most annoying part done first:

It took me awhile to decide on a paint color. I wanted something bright and cheerful to keep me awake, but nothing too obnoxious. I thought a greenish blue would be cool, so I narrowed it down to these three from ACE Hardware:

The middle one ended up being the winner. The last one seemed too relaxing for a workout room, and I was afraid it would put me to sleep. I liked the first one, but decided to go ahead with my first instinct of a more greenish look.

Ali is being a huge help, as usual. She was so cute just chillin' and watching me! She approved of my color choice :-).

Second coat done! I thought I was going to get away with one, but it became very clear after the first coat that a second one would be necessary.

At this point, I was trying to decide whether or not to paint over the bronze part of the mirror. I decided to hang it and see how I like it as is for a few weeks before making a final decision.

Here's the final look of this side of the room!

I still have plans for the other side, but for now, I've added a glass dry erase board to write down PT exercises and goals. I got it at Ikea.

There's another view with my medals on their holder that I made. I love that the door to my balcony is in this room! I don't hang out there much this time of year, but I take full advantage during the fall and winter.

That's all for now. I'll give you guys another update in a week or two. I'm praying that whatever needs to be done can be done outside of an OR this time. I'm taking it one day at a time, because that's all I can do at this point.

Have a wonderful day you guys, and I'll talk to you soon!

Happy Trails,



Speak Your Mind


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.