I have been thinking a lot about what I would put on a bucket list if I had one. The first item that always comes to mind is qualifying for and running the Boston Marathon. I am honestly scared to death of this one. To be perfectly honest, every time I run a long run and struggle with keeping up a 9:43 pace, I think to myself “how on earth could I run Boston if I can’t even keep this up for 18 miles! I think the same thing when I run at an 8:30 pace during a track workout and am totally exhausted after an 800. I just can’t imagine running an entire marathon at that pace!
So I have decided to have a “Dream Bucket List” and a “Bucket List.” The items on my Dream Bucket List are things that someday I would like to do if it is possible. Boston being on my Dream Bucket List means that someday, if my training builds me up to that point over time, I would love to do it. Some people’s bodies are meant to run that fast over a long period of time, and some aren’t. I don’t know about mine yet, and I don’t want to tell myself I can’t do it when I don’t know if I can or can’t. I definitely didn’t think that in one year of running, I would end up preparing for a full marathon! Life takes us on such an amazing journey, and I am just along for the ride. We’ll see where it takes me with running.
I started my Bucket Lists a few months ago, and have been adding to them as I think of things.
Dream Bucket List
- Qualify for and run the Boston Marathon
- Have a job where I can bring my dog to work everyday (that pays the same as the job I have now)
- Run Nike Women’s Half Marathon/Marathon
- Run Diva’s Half Marathon in Puerto Rico
- Run ING NYC Marathon
Because of this, I am choosing guaranteed entry into the 2013 Ing NYCM!
- Vacation in Tahiti (Bora Bora)
How is this not on everyone’s bucket list!!
- Vacation in Hawaii
Go on a Carnival Cruise on one of the ginormous ships
- Run Ragnar
- Run a sub-2 hour half marathon
- Place in my age division in any race
- Run Chicago Marathon
- Run the Kentucky Derby half or full marathon
Hamstring is dictating that I only run the half marathon this year. (There’s NOTHING MINI about a half marathon-I can’t stand the term “mini-marathon”!!!)
- Become a Fitfluential Ambassador
- Grow my blog to the point where I have a lot of subscribers and maybe have companies send me stuff to review
- Run a race in every state (can be any distance)
- Run a major marathon in a European country
- Do Rim to Rim or Rim to Rim and back at GC
- Do Ragnar as an ultra team (6 runners instead of 12)
That’s all I can think of for now. Someday when I upgrade my blog to where I can have a menu across the top, I will have a tab for my Bucket List so I can add to it all the time.
What’s on your Bucket List? #1 item on your list, go!
What is your favorite song to run to right now? So I can add it to my playlist for when I am back on board….
Do you get SO sick and tired of hearing the same shit on the radio over and over? I think the radio ruins songs….