This is a warm and toasty comforting breakfast on a cold winter’s day. It’s super healthy, too! I got this recipe from the Core Restore recipe book. I’ve been doing a special cleanse this week, and the recipes have been fabulous! I am going to share a few of my favorites with you here on the blog. This one is like super tasty cinnamon oatmeal with peaches and bananas, but with a bit more texture. I hope you enjoy!
1/4 cup water
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 sliced banana
15 ounces peaches (fresh or frozen-just eyeball it)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
1 cup non-dairy milk (almond, coconut, oat)
1. Place water and vanilla in large saucepan over low heat.
2. Add bananas and peaches and stir.
3 Add in cinnamon and nutmeg, bring to simmer, reduce heat, and cook until tender for about 7 minutes.
4. Add milk to small saucepan and bring to soft boil.
5. Add quinoa and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Combine quinoa mixture with fruit mixture and cook until quinoa is ready (about 10 more minutes).
I hope you all enjoy this one as much as I did! Please leave a comment below if you make this and let me know what you think!
Stacey and Jade